As mortgage professionals, we have the benefit of extreme flexibility, but if we want to be successful, we have to put a limit on our freedom today, so we can enjoy ultimate freedom in the future. Is freedom a double-edged sword? Can too much of it affect our effectiveness and consistency? On this episode, we learn why having too much freedom can spoil our chances of success and the true freedom we desire.
You need to be willing to give up some daily freedoms in order to attain ultimate freedom. -Doren Aldana
- Freedom is a double-edged sword; while we want to have flexibility, it’s vital we have structure in place.
- Without structure, we lack effectiveness. We need a repeatability aspect to our business so we see consistent results.
- Lack of structure leads to lack of consistency. We have to submit ourselves to an effective structure everyday to ensure consistently good results.
At the start of this episode, we learned how having too much freedom can create a toxic work environment. We also heard that structure is vital for success, and that we should be creating foolproof recipes that allow us to repeat great results.
We also discussed:
- Why having the right direction and structure is non-negotiable
- Why applying discipline to your daily agenda is the key to success
- How sacrificing small freedoms can bring us greater freedom in the long term