One of the best ways to learn how to be successful is by observing the people whose success you want to emulate. What are some of the habits of top-producing mortgage pros? What can you learn from them, and how can you start implementing their strategies into your own journey?
On this episode, I talk with the legendary Dave Savage. As the CEO of Mortgage Coach, Dave has seen what works and what doesn’t. He shares what you need to do to become -- and stay -- a top producer.
If what you’re doing is working, keep doing it. If it’s not, add to it. -Dave Savage
- A personality trait shared by most successful people is consistency. Be consistent with your systems, and make sure everything you replicate is of an excellent standard.
- Take steps to generate leads and prospects every single day. Use multiple platforms to ensure you’re contacting prospective clients from a range of sources.
- Make sure every interaction you have is a teaching opportunity. Advice matters, and your clients should walk away feeling like they know more after interacting with you.
At the start of the episode, we hear about Dave’s journey and his involvement with the industry’s top producers. We hear what the term ‘top producer’ really means, and how you’ll know if you fall into that bracket or if you still need to push harder.
We also discussed:
- The difference between your clients liking you or respecting you
- Why you need to approach every single client with the same systemized processes
- Why you have to think in terms of what huge competitors like Amazon can’t offer and use it to your advantage
You’ve heard it time and again because it’s true: consistency is key. Whatever your systems are, make sure you’re offering an excellent service to every client you deal with. A great customer experience is important, and with huge corporations like Amazon taking over the market, you can use a great customer experience to your advantage. You have the knowledge, you have the skills, and you have the concern for your clients. Shouldn’t you be reminding the industry (and yourself) of that, every single day?
Dan Savage is the CEO of Mortgage Coach in Lake Oswego, Oregon. On top of having over 27 years of experience in the mortgage industry, Dave is a pioneer of mobile technologies. As someone who understands the presence of technology in our daily lives, Dave is passionate about transforming the home buying experience, for both the client and the professional.
To find out more about Dave and Mortgage Coach, head to: https://mortgagecoach.com/about/