Many mortgage officers are frustrated from not getting results, and it’s because they are reliant on the wrong methods. What are some of the flaws of cold calling? Why do we waste time when we approach the wrong agents, and how do we target the right ones instead? On this episode, I have a conversation with recognized mortgage industry leader, speaker, coach and the founder of Mortgage Coach, Dave Savage. We talk about tactics and strategies to generate more loans without cold calling.
If you don’t have a marketing system, you will have to cold call. -Doren Aldana
- If you use the typical methods, all you will get is apathy and arrogance from agents who are tired of hearing the same things.
- It takes the same amount of time to attract a top dog and a bottom feeding Realtor with no business, so there’s no need to waste time on the wrong people.
- The most potently profitable activities any mortgage professional can do is contacting top producing agents and booking appointments and communicating with past clients.
At the start of the show, we talked about how to set goals that inspire you to step up your mindset game. Next, we talked about the importance of honoring your time by targeting the right Realtors. We also discussed an easy way to mine the gold from our databases and current clients.
We also discussed:
- How to send the right message that gets an agent to respond
- Activity vs. productivity
- How to work more efficiently
Dave is a recognized mortgage industry leader, speaker, coach and the founder of Mortgage Coach. He has over twenty-seven years of experience as a mortgage executive, business leader, and mobile technology pioneer. As founder of SmartReply, Dave established a leading presence in mobile marketing. By launching Mortgage Coach, Dave has helped tens of thousands of loan officers and millions of homeowners make confident, informed mortgage decisions. Before Mortgage Coach, Dave was one of the nation’s top loan originators and President of a national mortgage company. For more information, visit https://mortgagecoach.com/.