Clinging too tightly to our comfort zones is one of the biggest reasons people fail to achieve their goals. What are the effects of not getting out of our comfort zones? How do we overcome the fear of getting out of them? How does entitlement keep us stuck? On this episode, I share the 4 ways we get sucked into the vortex of our comfort zones.
The juice in life is in progress, expansion, growth, not in stagnating, sitting on your laurels and collecting dust. -Doren Aldana
- We stay stuck in our comfort zone by softening the problem. If we don’t tell ourselves the truth, we’ll never be able to solve our problems and level up.
- A sense of entitlement keeps us stuck in our comfort zone. Instead of letting pride get in our way, we should always pursue growth and expansion.
- We get stuck in our comfort zone by letting fear stop us. The things you’re afraid of actually become less scary when you pursue them.
- Don’t get sucked into your comfort zone by sitting on the nail and thinking the bad situation you’re in isn’t that bad. The pain of where you are has to be bigger than the pain of discipline in order to get you into action.
At the start of the show, I shared a few stories about people who have overcome their comfort zones, and the importance of turning our “shoulds” into “musts.” Next, I talked about how softening the problem keeps us stuck in our comfort zones, and how to overcome the terror barrier. We also discussed why we shouldn’t get too comfortable with the pain of where we are.
We also discussed:
- How entitlement destroys our growth
- Why stagnation always leads to regression
- Why you need to pursue what you fear