The mortgage industry is faced with a lot of challenges that can make running a business turbulent, but there are always top producers who thrive and achieve massive success regardless. What success-unlocking secrets can we learn from these people? What are the signs and symptoms that we are doing things the hard way? On this episode, I talk about the three X-factors that set the top dogs in our industry apart, and how we can emulate their success in our own businesses.
Most people focus on doing more, top producers focus on becoming more. -Doren Aldana
- We’re not in the mortgage business, we’re in the marketing business. To make a profound breakthrough in our businesses, we have to accept that we are marketers first and follow through by making sure it reflects in our daily activities.
- We have to work harder on ourselves than we do on our jobs. In order to succeed, we have to master a success psychology, which will then impact our results.
- Never invent, always improve. Don’t try to create something from scratch. If we emulate a formula that’s already successful we cut out a lot of pitfalls, and we get to our desired result faster.
At the start of the show, I talked about how some people are always able to survive and even thrive through market turbulence, and how they manage to do that. Next, I talked about how ignorance isn’t bliss and why it brings nothing but struggle. I also shared why there’s a huge difference between doing mortgages and marketing mortgages, and the inner game of success most people are asleep to.
We also discussed;
- The importance of having a success identity
- The power of emulating and following a proven formula
- Why we have to first become more if we want to have more
Many people look at successful people and think they have secret cheat codes that nobody else can implement, but we too can access them. There are 3 key things that separate the high achievers from the mediocre in this industry. It’s about focusing more on marketing and less on mortgages, cultivating the right mindset for success and emulating and building on what’s already working. Unlocking these secrets and implementing them in our lives will be highly impactful to our success, and profound and instantaneous in the transformation it brings.